-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pete Ferrand
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:16 AM
To: Ahti Aintila
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] blown SDR-1000 final opamp

Ahti:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. My radio has the OPA2674 and that is
what it had originally. The issue is not one of a short circuit, but most
probably one of dealing with a high impedance load which would send the
voltage up beyond what the part can handle. At least that's what I'm
guessing; I'm not sure of the correct troubleshooting procedure for this
kind of fault.

My hope was that someone has figured out how to make the circuit more robust
but since yours was the only reply and there's no mention of it in the
archives I suppose that hasn't happened.

73,
-Pete
WB2QLL
Somers, WI