Thanks to all who have helped me out with this question.  George, the
problem is that (1) the microphone needs 48V phantom power to work and the
Flex doesn't provide that and (2) the mixer doesn't have an XLR output (or
any balanced output for that matter).  I should have checked that before I
purchased it.  Tim's RCA to RCA connection solution seems the simplest to
do, so I'll try that first.  I might also try Bill's suggestion of
connecting the unbalanced mixer output to the balanced Flex input.  That
looks like a fun little project that even I could do.  It will be
interesting to see what the difference in audio quality would be between the
two.

Chris,
KA1GEU