On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Eric Wachsmann <e...@flex-radio.com> wrote:

So Eric, it seems to me that the right answer is: always set the
buffer size in PowerSDR to the same value as the buffer size set into
the FireWire driver. Is there any situation where that would not be
the case? (Hmm, I may have answered my own question below but I would
like confirmation if possible.)

Also, do you contemplate allowing driver buffer sizes larger than 2K?
When operating at 192Ksps I would like my buffer to be twice as large
so that a buffer represents the same total sample period so I can get
the same filter performance. Does this mean that I should set the
driver buffer size to maximum, i.e. 2048, and then PSDR audio buffer
size to 4096? My normal reaction would be to always make buffer sizes
a power-of-2 so that things end up on nice address boundaries. I would
also think that PSDR buffer sizes should be exact multiples of driver
buffer sizes to ensure no wasted memory and efficient transfers.

Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL