Some of you may have noticed my recent frustration with Windows. Well, there is a reason. As a result of a home-automation project by a now- defunct company I have a number of new, very small systems that I thought would be ideal to use as a dedicated computer system to run the flex 5000a. (They were intended to be media players handling streaming audio and video.) I really like the package and wanted to make one work for myself so I can recover some space in the shack and to simplify wiring. Now that I (finally!) have the system working reliably I have switched over to using it full time. I have tested it with both receivers working and fldigi running. I have also tested at up to 192K sampling rate. The machine is busy (90% CPU with both receivers, 192KHz sampling, and fldigi running) but it runs just fine. I normally run with 96KHz sampling and the update rate on the panadaptor seems to be full-speed.

I have three more of these systems. I was planning to sell them on eBay but I got the idea that they might prove useful to people here who want a very small system dedicated to run their F5Ka, and have it all ready set up with all the necessary software loaded and tested. Just plug it in, turn it on, and you are ready to go.

I have the following installed and working on mine:

Windows XP Home, SP3
Flex driver v3.2.0.1556
PowerSDR v1.16.1
com0com
VAC
DDutil
HRD
fldigi

If you want one, I will configure it similarly and make sure it works properly on my radio before sending it.

The hardware itself is an Aopen MP945-VDR with the following:
        Intel Celeron 1.46GHz socket-M processor
        1GB SO DIMM DDR533 RAM
        DVD-R drive
        a couple of different disk drive sizes ranging from 20GB-60GB
        1x 400Mbps 6-pin Firewire (built-in)
        4x USB 2.0
        5.1 audio out with optical S-PDIF
        gigabit ethernet
        DVI video interface (needs an adaptor for VGA)

This system is about the same size as a Mac Mini.

Here is more information in the system: (http://usa.aopen.com/search_prod.aspx?modl=MP945-VDR )

The system runs off of 19VDC (AC power adaptor included).

I think these machines are worth about $400 configured the way they are.

If you think you might be interested, drop me a note directly.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com