I completely agree with {and I added my comments and I underlined key important
concepts}:

1.  The machine has to be able to run PowerSDR with two receivers sampling at
192KHz, VAC, com0com, ddutil, HRD, DM780, fldigi ... at least. Anything less is
not enough.  BTW, I consider VAC, com0com, and a digital mode program; e.g.
DM780, fldigi, MixW, etc.; to be part of the base software needed to run a Flex
radio. I cannot imagine anyone running an FxK without them.

2.  So what I am proposing is primarily for the person who isn't really
interested in tinkering with the computer.

3.  {for this application} The radio really needs its own dedicated processing
engine.

4.  Certainly someone could purchase an F5Kc but that doesn't help for the
person who wants an F5Ka or F3K.  { Also,  the F5Kc computer is for the Flex,
the third party software is not installed as a part of the purchased package.}

5.  Having a prepackaged computer with software installed and configured turns
a Flex radio into a turn-key system.

6.  There is a lot that is going on in Windows that isn't obvious, and the
quality of drivers is *not* consistent, which greatly influences the
reliability of the final system.

Great topic!
Ted
NX6C