From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Brian Lloyd
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:17 AM
To: FlexRadio List
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 5000 wins science fair

OK, well maybe the radio didn't quite win the science fair but the student who
did, Michael Binon, KI6QOC, used a Flex 5000a to collect data on four different
wire antennas he constructed for a backpack QRP station built by his classmate,
Joshua Fournier, KI6PJW. Michael's project took 1st place and Joshua's took 2nd
place in the Engineering category for grades 6-8 of the Sacramento Regional
Science and Engineering Fair. A third classmate, Frankie Moirao, KI6QYS,
received 3rd place in the Mathematics and Computer Science category for his RF
data link operating in the 70cm band.

Two other students, Noah Cudd, KI6UHT, and Teri Nittler, KI6QLQ, also received
awards. Noah took 1st place in the Biology category for his study of greenhouse
gasses. Teri received a special award from the Society of Professional
Engineers for her study of the aerodynamics of roofs on houses in high winds.

Yeah, I am *WAY* proud of my students.

Maybe Flex can get some milage from the F5K being used in a winning
science-fair project.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com