I give prizes to students at the Dallas Regional Science Fair.  There
are some pictures on the ARRL NTX web page, URL below. There is a link to a video about the event there as well. I look for topics that are covered in the ARRL Handbook. I do this because I know the experience winning at a Science Fair. I did that back in the 1970's with a method of copying magnetic tape with heat. I've seen some great radio related projects over the years.

What prizes did these students win in Sacramento?

Brian Lloyd wrote:
OK, well maybe the radio didn't quite win the science fair but the student who did, Michael Binon, KI6QOC, used a Flex 5000a to collect data on four different wire antennas he constructed for a backpack QRP station built by his classmate, Joshua Fournier, KI6PJW. Michael's project took 1st place and Joshua's took 2nd place in the Engineering category for grades 6-8 of the Sacramento Regional Science and Engineering Fair. A third classmate, Frankie Moirao, KI6QYS, received 3rd place in the Mathematics and Computer Science category for his RF data link operating in the 70cm band.

Two other students, Noah Cudd, KI6UHT, and Teri Nittler, KI6QLQ, also received awards. Noah took 1st place in the Biology category for his study of greenhouse gasses. Teri received a special award from the Society of Professional Engineers for her study of the aerodynamics of roofs on houses in high winds.

Yeah, I am *WAY* proud of my students.

Maybe Flex can get some milage from the F5K being used in a winning science-fair project.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com

--

            Regards, TOM BLACKWELL, PO Box 25403, Dallas, Texas 75225
            N5GAR. ARRL SM - NTX. http://www.arrl.net/sections/NTX.html