Tim,
thank you for your continued support ,,you truely are the back bone of this forum,,,,,

I'm going to rip the motherboard and cpu P4 ,3gig out of this pc and replace it,,,,have you any prefference when it comes to motherboards regarding BUS speeds L2 cache etc etc or is anything new good enough these days,,,

i'm looking at fitting either a E5400($136) or E7400 CPU($183) with the ASUS P5KPL-1600($109)or P5QL-SE($149) and 4 gig ddr2ram800

i'm wondering if int he SDR game is the cut should be on the cpu and the extra maybe on the motherboard your thoughts please ???

Also open to anyone else's opinion of course re new pc build and the sdr1k + edirol + wsjt

Paul
vk3ddu
ps to all,,,,still no response from anyone using a sdr1k + edirol

Hi Tim,
           looking for more feedback please.
Microsoft have sent me the hotifx,,,,where should i unzip this file to ,,???

how can i tell the firewire card is running at 400 or 100 ????

re IRQ's,,,,my system info won't open,,,i've turned everything back on that i disable to trim XP yet no info to see IRQ's just the egg timer and then nothing,,,,device manager tells me it's on 19 though.Have you any idea how i can get sys info to go again ???

My brain is a little pickled at the moment ,,is there a link to setting up wsjt with the sdr1k and the edirol please,,,???

In general to all,,,,,
i've had no feedback from anyone running SDR1K and WSJT and Edirol with their settings ,,,still hoping for some info there please ....

regards
Paul
vk3ddu

I assume you are running Windows XP

If you haven't done so, look at the Firewire optimization recommendations.
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50013.aspx

Along with the updates if needed
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50281.aspx

-Tim