On Apr 24, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Mike Naruta wrote:

It's interesting using the PowerSDR panadapter to examine signals. I'll often see a strong SSB station with lots of opposite sideband only a little ways down in amplitude. I first wondered if it was my receiver until I looked around and found equally strong stations with no opposite sideband.

It is not just limited to looking at other station's signals. Using the panadapter on TX I can see the aliasing of the signals from my digital mode program. Granted they are down better than 70dB but it bothers me that they are there at all. I have taken to changing the TX filter to filter them out and improve the quality of my own TX signal.

So pay attention to the panadapter on TX to analyze your own signal.

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL