From: "Bob McGwier" <rwmcgw...@gmail.com>
To: audio...@charter.net
Cc: "FLEX USERS" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 7:39:01 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Diversity Reception for Flex 5000 owners

Jim:

We can do this right now with a software receiver.  We need to make the
oscillators coherent in the same way we have done (in software).  So
this will be usable by SDR-1000 and Flex3000 owners.  Good idea.

I do not agree that the algorithm you suggest is the correct one but it
will be the first one because it is easy. It will be applicable to HF
broadcast very quickly.

The algorithms based on MUSIC and ESPRIT are better suited, especially
to the typical amateur installation where the elements are not identical
and not spaced the correct distance apart.

http://eprints.eemcs.utwente.nl/15144/01/final_report_Jasper_Vrielink.pdf

http://www.springerlink.com/content/y8001q047g520398/

These algorithms allow for much more than two elements and are pretty
efficient when only two elements are involved.

My work partners and I are running a phased array with SDR design
contract with a well known (not Flex) SDR hardware manufacturer and
these algorithms will be part of the adaptive phased array work that
must be done.  Again, open source will benefit all.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all!

http://twitpic.com/4mqnv

We are about to embark on some SERIOUS adaptive algorithm development
with DttSP, Flex, Gnuradio, etc. all involved.  All of us will benefit.

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.