Amen Brother!  I can second that as a long-time RF engineering ATE systems
development engineer/manager.  One 2-plus hour conversation with Gerald
last year at Central States VHF convinced me that he and his team have
their collective "stuff" in one sock and that they don't do anything that
isn't the most appropriate solution for the design/economic challenge at
hand.  That's why I'm using a FLEX-5000A as the centerpiece of a new
10-band 6m to 3cm VHF/UHF/uW station - replacing all of my single-band
riceboxes, etc.  I'm looking forward to the fun of using it!

73,
Dan  KB5MY/6  DM13nc