Frank,

A couple of other things, when you installed the driver, you should have gotten the New Found HW three times there on XP (Vista doesn't do that) , then check the Sounds and Audio Device in the Control panel, then the Audio tab, make sure that you see the Flex 5000 driver in the Playback/recording and in the MIDI, but should not be the default in any of the windows, but listed.. There are two MIDI drivers loaded when you install the FW driver.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Frank Goenninger wrote:
Dudley,

KB955408 is installed.

I do have a working communication connection between the Mac mini and the F-5kA as the driver successfully loads and I can see the F-5kA being shown correctly as a bus device in the driver control panel. So there *is* a working connection between those two.

Thanks for the pointer and reminder, though.

72, Frank DG1SBG