Gerald et al,

Thanks for a great product.  The Flex-3000 rekindled my interest in HF
after 30+ years in self-confinement in 2M emergency activities.  My new
Flex-3000 is fantastic - even with the quick-and-dirty longwire at 15
feet that I'm using as a temporary antenna.  I've worked more countries
and longer distances in 2 weeks than I did in years way back when.  And
it wasn't even hard to do.

I spent that 30 years in the computer industry, including time at one of
the biggest software companies (not the one in Washington).  It was
common industry practice to use groups of volunteer customers as alpha
and beta testers, where each had agreed to sign a non-disclosure
agreement which prohibited any discussion of test results outside of the
beta group.  This was precisely to prevent irrelevant, incorrect, or
misleading information to get out in public where it could do
irreparable harm.

I can't recall ever having to enforce the NDA.  It's presence was enough
to remind people that we were serious, that discussions were harmful,
and that they shouldn't do it despite their eagerness.  Since all the
testers were "on our side", they didn't have problems agreeing.  Plus
they got to give a knowing smirk to people at tradeshows or conferences
and the excuse to say "sorry I can't talk about it, wish I could".

As a new user/customer, I'm pleased that I haven't had to reload my
database, toggle settings to get something to work, or perform the other
inscrutable gyrations that I've seen discussed.  It just worked.  Maybe
I'm just lucky, but I don't think so.

What I would like to see is more discussion of how to most effectively
*use* the current, released, Flex/PowerSDR system as part of a station
setup.  For example, PSK31 is new to me and I've gotten it running with
Winwarbler.  But how do I best use the Flex filtering abilities?  Or
take advantage of the fact that the signal is always in software, never
going through a soundcard?  Should I set up some macros to "home in" on
a signal when I start a QSO?  Is it worth having a PSKMeter to keep the
signal clean?  Etc.   A place for such "best practices" discussions
would be a great resource.

Just some thoughts for the "new rules"...

/Jack
K3FIV
Point Arena, CA