I am 60 years old. My brother built a _Digital Group _machine in about 1979 or so time frame.

I ran IBM System 360 model 30 and 40 machines which ran in 1492 (octal) emulation. I later programmed on a System 360 model 50 and model 60 two-headed ASP system. All coding in Fortran IV - why write subroutines? These were IBM's first hexadecimal machines. All coding done on punch cards - I would turn them in and get print out 4 hours later. In those days you kept several projects
going at once to use your time efficiently.

Also worked on a PDP-8 in a medical research project in 1968. I didn't know until years later what it was.

First licensed as WN5VYC about 1967 or 1968, I absolutely LUSTED after a Viking Ranger II and a
Hammarlund HQ-180 with a Q multiplier.

Brad A. Steffler
KE4XJ