From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Robert Jefferis
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:57 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] Automatic Gain Control Threshold "AGC-T" versus reality

Greetings all,

I am wondering if anyone in "FLEX LAND" can tell me whether or not there is a known functional relationship between the "AGC-T" setting and receiver input signal to noise ratio (SNR). I have read several postings related to adjustment of AGT-T for good, or desirable performance. My experience with traditional receivers tells me that this parameter should, in principle, be a "set and forget" parameter. Pick the number of choice, typically between 0.5 and 2 micro Volts into 50 Ohms. Not that it matters, but I am using an F5K.

Bob, KF6BC

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.