Jack,

The iMacs are not standard PCs due to the way that Apple forces the BIOS to be set up to try to keep OS X from being run on "industry standard" hardware. If only Steve Jobs years ago would have just let go of the Apple proprietary firmware code, we would all be running MACs or at least Apple's OS instead of Windows. With 85% of the world running Windows OS, Apple is still running on a closed OS market, and small at that, I think that Apple's market share is in the 5 to 8% range of total desktop market. So with Boot Camp from Apple (and their drivers included) you are able to run XP, but it is still not a "standard" PC. Apple could make a BIOS change, and Boot Camp would cease working.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Jack Haverty wrote:
>From the Flex-radio FAQ:

"For FlexRadio Systems products that would be an Intel or AMD based
personal computer and a recent Microsoft Windows operating system such
as XP or Vista.
"

Doesn't an Intel-based Mac, running Windows XP, fit this definition?  I
have a Macbook Pro and an Imac and I was going to try them with my F3K.
Why is Intel-based Mac hardware, using Win XP, unsupported?

/Jack K3FIV