The 2.44 kHz spur does exist, and it is particularly noticeable on 160 meters
where local signals can be extremely strong.  I measured it on a 5000A some
months ago, but did not test the 3000 on transmit.  If my memory is correct,
the spur was down around 57 dB on 160 meters, but since I did not record the
data, I could be mistaken.

It definitely varied from band to band, but I did not check to see if it varied
with frequency within a given band. I did not experiment with the manual
nulling process, as I would never be able to do that in a contest, such as in
the upcoming CQ WW SSB this weekend. It is more of a CW issue, but I assume it
exists on SSB, but is likely covered up by IMD products in the PA.

If one looks at the odd-order IMD products on the 5000A, there are some unusual
products in-between the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th products.  I don't know if the
extra products have anything to do with the spur or not.  My guess is no. IMD
measurements on five brands of transceivers were made on 20 meters .  If anyone
wants to look at this data, it can be downloaded at:  www.nc0b.com/temp.
Download the following files:  nc0b-w9dxcc-3a.ppt  (Power Point) and the two
associated WAV files.  This presentation was given at W9DXCC on September 19,
2009.

There is a lot of information on many aspects of receiver and transmitter
performance in the Power Point slides.

73, Rob, NC0B

>>> "Jordan" <outposte...@shaw.ca> 10/20/2009 12:50 PM >>>

I haven't noticed this either, but I may check for it a little more closely
now....I'd like more info if there is any available as
well...73...Jordan....