Hi Dave,

The spur on my 5000 is not as low as the one in the review 5000. Mine is
about 58 dB down.

Yes, I am referring to CW.

While I have the floor (again) let me just mention to everyone that the
initial thread on the Top Band reflector that started this discussion
actually began by noting some great features of the 5000 receiver & PowerSDR
software that provide the capability to conduct accurate noise floor and
signal comparisons very nicely thanks to the calibrated dBm scale of the
Panadapter and the peak feature. For those of you that caught my
presentation at the SDR Forum at Dayton this year you will recall this as
one of the many great features I noted about the 5000. In addition, if you
have read the W5ZN & N4HY paper on the 8 Circle Vertical Array for Low Band
Receiving (www.w5zn.org) all of the noise floor and signal comparison tables
and data were compiled using the 5000 receiver & PowerSDR. That capability
is a must for anyone evaluating the noise at their QTH or for antenna
comparison. Forget an S meter on a conventional radio! So, you actually get
a nice piece of "test equipment" by virtue of this "built-in" feature.

Just wanted to make sure it is clear that I am NOT anti-Flex and there are a
number of great features of the 5000 that I have publicly presented via
other forums that some of you may not be aware of. So please don't take this
one issue (that I know Gerald & Company want to resolve) out of context!

73 Joel W5ZN