Ed,

If you listen on the opposite sideband and move the passband to the opposite SB, you should hear the signals, this is normal, but if you flip to the opposite SB without moving the passband, you should not.. I verified that it works the same on Win7 as it does on XP.. On the SDR-1000 if you are missing one side of the I/Q signal coming from the radio, then you will hear the opposite SB just fine, due to no nulling on the I/Q signal, so either have your friend run the RX Image calibration and/or check his connections to the sound card. This is one of the advantage of having a Flex 5000 or Flex 3000.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Edwin Marzan wrote:
A fellow flexer using an SDR1000 and Windows 7 told me that if he slides his
filter from LSB to USB he is able to hear USB signals on USB clearly. I tried
it with mine, using WinXP and did not experience this. Has anyone else see seen
this?