There is already a way to get the same effect but with one amplifier...

I have a SPE-1K amp integrated with my Flex 5000 (with sincere thanks to Steve
K5FR for his work on dduti to add the support!) - once the amp is programmed,
it is possible to instantly move from one band to another and transmit.

The amp takes care of which antenna to use, automatically selects the correct
tuner settings, and responds to the PTT - single Flex 5000.

When I was considering which amp to buy, I looked at both the SPE and the ACOM
2000 - for me the SPE won over because of 6m support - other's mileage will
vary!

With this solution, you can configure the amp on one of the antenna ports for
the Flex, then use either the RX2 input or a different antenna port for routing
the second band receive antenna to RX2.

This is simplest with a dedicated antenna for receive on the other band -
external switching is needed to support mapping a non-dedicated antenna between
the amplifier antenna ports and the RX2 port choice.  If band pass filters are
used, the external switching is likely already in place.

Although I haven't tried SO2R yet, I think the easiest way to deal with the
software integration would be to use the VFO A<>B selection - map TX to always
follow VFO A - VFO B is used for RX2 on whatever band for listening.  When you
want to transmit on the other band, flip the VFOs - make the contact and then
flip back.

Rudy correctly points out the requirements if you are using non-auto tune
amplifiers.

Hope this helps!
Stu K6TU