Hi Stan

Whats the question you haven't gotten an answer to yet? I understand you
don't like XP but didn't understand what you were asking!

As Tim said, if your machine, however you configure it, isn't misbehaving
and you are happy with it, you shouldn't buy a new one period. Whether thats
with Bootcamped Macintoshes, XP, Vista, Win7, etc. if it works for you, it
just works.

You can buy a machine at a store and it can work fine. I hope I provided
some background from what I have experienced to help you choose that
machine.

If you like to build machines, I hope I can help you choose the right parts.

When people ask me whats the best performing configuration, the answer is XP
(home or pro). I can prove it. It doesn't mean its the ONLY configuration
and I personally love Win7 (I now use it more than OS X even on my MacBook
Pro!) but its not as performant. It is very likely that, on most systems, if
you are working well in XP, you can be working well with Win7. Systems with
dual core cpus under 2.5Ghz and small L2 caches are not systems I would make
a guess on that, but YMMV.

My goal is not to convince anyone that they shouldn't use Vista, Win7, XP or
whatever nor scare you into buying my computers or not going to Best Buy and
getting one of their $500 computers.I consider the service I provide in
selling my own computers to be:
1. I have tested a lot of configurations so you are guaranteed to be getting
one that works and works well
2. I have installed a lot of systems so you are guaranteed to be getting one
that gives you the most performance for the buck
3. I have configured a lot of
PowerSDR/HRD/MixW/fldigi/DXBase/DXLabs/MMTTY/AR
User/N1MM/Writelog/etc/etc/etc. systems so you are getting something that is
plug and play out of the box.

Just getting the DPCs low isn't my business. And, I would be very happy to
sell anyone a computer but I am just as happy to see you do it yourself and
enjoy doing it.

The goal is to let the Ferrari of a radio we call Flex-radios shine. We all
are trying to make that easier for the newbie who thinks is hard to do. But
there are a lot of folks that don't want to go thru the learning curve or
take the time to do it themselves.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com