That is interesting. I will check the irq's.
The other computer was a much slower XP Pro box.

Mike  VA3MW

Ron Wenig wrote:
Hi Mike,

You probably saw my email about distorted audio on my Flex 3000. It would clear up after stopping and starting but would distort right away. I even got reports of distortion during transmit. I am using Windows 7 and loaded Windows XP and didn't have a problem. I had an extra PC so I decided to use this machine for my regular computer use and dedicate the other machine for the Flex. I loaded Windows 7 back in with just the Flex software, VAC, Fldigi for digital communications and RMS Express. So far it's working great so something that I had loaded, possibly Thunderbird mail, Firefox or some kind of a driver must have caused the problem. I'm actually ok with 2 computers in the shack, one to control the Flex and the other available to use for other things while I'm operating like QRZ. One other thing that I noticed is my Firewire card shared IRQ 18 along with one of the USB controllers host controllers so the only USB devices connected is the keyboard and mouse.

73, Ron ny3j

Michael Walker wrote:
I've just installed my 3000 on my Quad core i5-650 with 8G or ram (wow, this thing rocks), and after about 30 seconds, the audio starts to 'rip'. It had something to do with the onboard sound card.

I know that I read that someone else had the same problem, but I can't find the email.

Mike va3mw