From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Hunter Ellington
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:13 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] A Most Excellent Radio

Well, I finally was able to devote a weekend to troubleshooting my HP Pavilion
computer in conjunction to my 5000A.  I followed all of the trouble shooting
hints.  I went to Device Manager (in Win 7), updated everything that had a
driver and disabled a few non-essential functions.  I don't know exactly what I
did, but the radio is now fully functional.  Way cool!  Now to dig into the
beast.  Can anyone share with me their notch filter settings?  I have goofed
around with the settings, but have not stumbled on to a tastefully fast and
effective setting.  Also, I noticed that I have a birdie right on 14.300MHZ
which is very low level, but annoying none the less.  I don't hear it on the
K3, and have gone about turning other rigs and peripheral accessories on and
off to see if it goes away.  So far, no joy.  I love the click and pounce
tuning feature.  I do, however need a better mouse with a bigger finger wheel.
73

 WB9NJB R. Hunter Ellington
303-454-0543/720-560-8139
P.O. Box 44