Yes, Hunter! Click and Pounce tuning is a marvelous thing. And I do know what you are talking about when you mention mouse and roller quality. I am almost ready to ask Begali if they wouldn't consider making a high quality mouse with nice positive detents on the roller! Let me know if you find one that is actually "good."

73

Lee   K9WRU
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hunter Ellington" <wb9...@yahoo.com>
To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:13 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] A Most Excellent Radio

Well, I finally was able to devote a weekend to troubleshooting my HP Pavilion computer in conjunction to my 5000A. I followed all of the trouble shooting hints. I went to Device Manager (in Win 7), updated everything that had a driver and disabled a few non-essential functions. I don't know exactly what I did, but the radio is now fully functional. Way cool! Now to dig into the beast. Can anyone share with me their notch filter settings? I have goofed around with the settings, but have not stumbled on to a tastefully fast and effective setting. Also, I noticed that I have a birdie right on 14.300MHZ which is very low level, but annoying none the less. I don't hear it on the K3, and have gone about turning other rigs and peripheral accessories on and off to see if it goes away. So far, no joy. I love the click and pounce tuning feature. I do, however need a better mouse with a bigger finger wheel. 73

WB9NJB R. Hunter Ellington
303-454-0543/720-560-8139
P.O. Box 44
Larkspur, CO 80118