Each time I check, my average age (over time) is increasing by 1/2 year
every year.  Average over number (N=1) is 1 year per year.

Some folks say that age leads to wisdom.  Others say, OFdom.  Hams have been
complaining about OF's taking over since ~1915.  You can read about it in
the old QSTs.  They even complained that nobody was building their own
equipment any more in those years.  Plus ça change...

Me, I like computers *and* boxes with knobs.

73 Martin AA6E

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Michael Walker <va...@portcredit.net>wrote:

> This is a little off topic for this forum, however, the average age of you,
> the ham operator, is climbing.  It needs to be moving the other way.
>
> You can make this happen by introducing youth to the hobby and maybe even
> donating your old rig that is collecting dust to those new operators to use.
>
> MikeVA3MW
>

> k4...@fastmail.fm wrote:
>
>> I was struck by two things at the show yesterday.
>>
>> 1. The average age of the attendees.  Most looked like they were around
>> retirement age.
>>  - not so good for ham radio's future.  Some attitudes never change.
>>
>> 2. How busy the Flex booth was.
>>  - very good for Flex.  Nice to meet you Tim.
>>
>> 73
>> Wayne
>> K4ELO
>> Flexer, old timer, and senior citizen.