On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Ron Kolarik <rkola...@neb.rr.com> wrote:

> What pray tell is "real ham radio"??
> CW only
> Emcomm
> Public service bicycle chasers
> Shack on a belt
> Extra heavy......really hate that one and I am
> No lids, no kids, no space cadets......if you're old enough to remember
>
> I wonder how many of the "anti-sdr" crowd are running "firmware" defined
> radios with multiple processors and can't wait for the next Super-expert
> III
> version to fix the problems with their current radio. Give me the latest
> SVN
> revision and I can fix my own ;)  Thanks Flex!!
>
> No flame wars please, all hate mail direct.......

I don't think you are likely to get a fight here. We already voted ... with
our wallets. I have an F5K with all the trimmings. I just got a used F3K for
our school. I plan to get the V/U module for the F5K and I keep licking my
lips every time I look at the F1500. :-)

And I have to admit, I am hooked on the panafall display too. It sure makes
it easy to find the few other people doing Olivia, Contestia, DominoEX,
Thor, etc.

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL