What audio driver are you using? ASIO4ALL?

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike WA8BXN
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] Acer Aspire One with Flex 1500

Just got my 1500 today (ordered Dayton weekend online). Took a bit of
adjusting the netbook to get receive to work decently. Running XP and 1.5 GB
usable ram for reference. Had to play with screen resolution (set it to
virtual 1024 x 768) to get all of the PowerSDR window to display. I can
receive audio out of the computer speakers with VAC turned on, but that
seems to up the CPU usage some. With it off in RC I am getting around 25%
usage. 



With PowerSDR running but not started usage is about 1.5%, I turned off most
the usual junk that runs in the background. 



The show stopper is trying to transmit CW. Using hand key I get a horrible
sounding note in the headphones and something even worse looking on an
SDR-1000 running on another computer. 



I would really like to be able to use the 1500 with the Acer netbook for
portable use. I have some other computers to try the 1500 with and will do
so. Would like to hear from anyone else using the Acer Aspire One netbook
with the 1500. 



73/72 - Mike WA8BXN

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to