Mike,

For good sidetone, you will need to be able to set the audio buffers down to
512 or less.  I run 256 on my machine with no detectable latency.  If you
are running Win7, you can also use WASAPI, which is a low latency audio
driver.

Gerald


Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
President and CEO
FlexRadio Systems(TM)
13091 Pond Springs Road, #250
Austin, TX 78729
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 202
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.flex-radio.com

Tune In Excitement (TM)

PowerSDR(TM) is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems


On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Mike WA8BXN <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>  I got it working setting buffer sizes in both PowerSDR and ASIO4ALL to
> 1024
>  That's the good news. The bad news was that I tried going back to MME and
> smaller buffer size and that worked now  too. I don't like it when problems
> are not reproducible!
>
>
>
>  I decided to go with ASIO4ALL over MME, I think its a little better
> performer even in XP.
>
>
>
> Sidetone delay is horrible, even when using a hand key. An external keyer
> with its own sidetone should be ok, thats what I do with my SDR-1000
> system.
> The CW keyboard does work ok.
>
>
>
> Steve, how did you get a firewire interface for your Acer Aspire One? Maybe
> its not the netbook you were using.
>
>
>
> My current impression having the radio for a few hours now is that it will
> do what I want in time, and should do it very well!
>
>
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
>
>
> 73 - Mike WA8BXN
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to