Hello,

I am a Flex-5000A user who has never quite become comfortable using it on
cw.  I am using it with a Dell Dimension E520 running Windows 7.  It has 5
GB of RAM.  I have tried using an external keyer (LogiKit CMOS-4) and
recently the internal keyer, but have audio pops, glitches and delays which
make it challenging to send good cw.  It becomes quite distracting during
QSO's.  I must conclude that it is somehow related to my computer or
software and wonder if you could provide guidance.  I'm happy to provide
much more details about the setup if that will help you out.  If most of the
problems stem from the computer driving the rig, then I would be open to
suggestions for a setup that would be bullet proof for cw.  I love the
selectivity of the rig, but just get too distracted by the audio pops and
delays to feel comfortable using it in the current setup.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig, AE7I