Bradley,

On the focus issue,  there is a Windows option to have what ever window is
under the cursor to have the focus automatically.  Many use that.

Also there is a program called HotWheel that can keep the focus on PowerSDR.

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50156.aspx

These options might help too.

73,
Dudley