I would like to add a few helpful hints for running PowerSDR v2.0.19 RC1 that might make your installation go a bit smoother.

1.) Read the release notes.  Seriously, it is a best practice.

2.) You do NOT have to uninstall a previous version of PowerSDR before installing PowerSDR v2.0.19 RC1

3.) PowerSDR v2.0.19 RC1 will automatically update the firmware on your radio. Allow it to finish completely and reboot the radio when prompted (FLEX-1500). Power cycling the FLEX-x000 after a firmware update is always a best practice (you will have to shut down PowerSDR 2.0.19 RC1 first).

4.) This release has a new Firewire driver. You may experience distorted audio the first time you start PowerSDR due to the sampling not not getting initialized properly. If this is the case, toggling the Start button usually clears it up.

In 99% of the time, the new Firewire driver will install properly with PowerSDR v2.0.19 RC1, but if you want to be sure that it installs without any issues, it is recommended that you uninstall the Firewire driver before installing PowerSDR v2.0.16. To do this..

a.) Power off your FLEX-x000 SDR
b.) Open Windows Control Panel
c.) Click on the "Add or Remove Programs" or Programs and Features".
d.) Uninstall any and all programs that looks like "FlexRadio 3.x.y.abcd" where x.y.abcd is the version number (do not uninstall PowerSDR)
e.) reboot your PC
f.) Install PowerSDR v2.0.16 (preferably using the defaults) following the user prompts

5.) If upgrading from PowerSDR 1.x to PowerSDR 2.0.16, it is STRONGLY recommended that you do not do a database import, but allow PowerSDR to create a new database and manually reconfigure it.

6.) If using the K9DUR Data Transfer tool to import a pre 2.0.19 RC1 database, it is highly recommended that you do not import the state table. PowerSDR 2.0.19 has a lot of new default database parameters located in various tables and importing a pre 2.0.19 RC1 database may overwrite those new parameters making the operation pf PowerSDR 2.0.19 RC1 inconsistent. If you observe any inconsistencies, reset your database and configure it manually.

7.) The previous configuration you had setup for CW will most likely not be optimal with the new CW enhancements. You may want to re-setup CW using smaller audio buffers, different sampling rates and break-in values.

-Tim
---
W4TME
FlexRadio Systems Internet Systems Admin.
Product Verification Team
Tune In Excitement™