On 2/16/2011 12:05 PM, Gary Warner wrote:
Mike,

Too bad I was not into amateur radio when the house was built. That is going to be a bit difficult to do now.

My suggestion would be to disconnect the alarm system and get a couple of pitbulls. My babies don't chirp no matter how much power I run, and carefully check anyone coming to the house.

More seriously, the comments about using lots of ferrets is quite valid, but if you are going to try the bypass capacitor route (which is a perfectly valid suggestion) check if the system is on a GFCI circuit. Most new ones do a L/N balance, but there are still some out there that trip on ground leakage, and putting caps to ground will cause problems.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an
160m - 24Gigs