From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Alfred Green
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 4:46 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] How do you keep the house alarm from chirping

On 2/16/2011 12:05 PM, Gary Warner wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Too bad I was not into amateur radio when the house was built.   That
> is going to be a bit difficult to do now.

My suggestion would be to disconnect the alarm system and get a couple
of pitbulls. My babies don't chirp no matter how much power I run, and
carefully check anyone coming to the house.

More seriously,  the comments about using lots of ferrets is quite
valid, but if you are going to try the bypass capacitor route (which is
a perfectly valid suggestion) check if the system is on a GFCI circuit.
Most new ones do a L/N balance, but there are still some out there that
trip on ground leakage, and putting caps to ground will cause problems.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an
160m - 24Gigs