Hmnn, that's just the opposite preference I would have expected to hear if there was a preference. I would have though there might be some possible "traffic jams" in the PCI buss. Shows how much I know!
Michael
On 2/17/2011 8:51 PM, Tim Ellison wrote:
I'd keep the 1500 on the PCI / USB interface.  To be sure, you would have to
see what other devices are sharing the same IRQ as the PCI /USB card.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio..biz] On Behalf Of Michael Tondee
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:32 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Another USB question

After getting my Flex 1500, I discovered that all the USB ports on my desktop PC were
essentially on the same "hub" which made it impossible for me to isolate the
rig from devices like my USB keyboard that could potentially cause issues.
   I say potentially because aside from some clicking in the audio that was
taken care off by reducing the AF gain, everything seemed to be working fine
with everything plugged into the same native hub on my PC.
   Just to be safe though, I sought out a Windows 7 PCI USB card so I could put the 1500 on a
"dedicated' hub and thanks to Tim, I found one at NewEgg. Now that I have it installed
and working I have two "hubs"
and can plug the Flex into one and all my other USB devices into the other.

   So my question is this.... Is one hub better that the other? Is there any
advantage to plugging the 1500 into the PC's ports supported by the
motherboards native hub over plugging it into the PCI cards ports?
I have enough ports now that I can do it either way.
73,
Michael, W4HIJ