Hi,

I haven't used my F3K for anything other than digital modes for a long
time. Voice used to work fine with the same equipment I am using now,
but no luck.

With the radio on dummy load, I downloaded PSDR 2.0.22, did the
factory defaults reset, went to the voice band of 20 meters, chose
USB, and set the TX meter to ALC. With a headset mic plugged in to the
front panel connector, ALC does not move however I whistle into the
mic.

To make sure the mic is working properly, I plugged it into my windows
machine, recorded a short bit of audio and played it back. No problem.

The wiring of the mic connector is still fine, I checked it end-to-end
and ring/tip are properly wired. It has worked well in the past, and I
had no real reason to mistrust it but I checked anyhow.

I could make things work by feeding PSDR the audio from VAC, this
approach is fine, but it has the drawback of making it impossible to
use pre-recorded audio from N1MM and the mic at the same time. (as far
as I know... it appears that only one application at a time can use
either end of a VAC)

Any suggestions or ideas for troubleshooting this further would be appreciated.

73,
Matt