This is what I use:

http://www.walkerphotography.ca/Hobbies/CQWW2010-at-VE3RZs/14370279_fv5HM#1064604758_m3trP

My quad copter lifts a 2 ounce weight with 15 pound fishing line.  I then
drop it where I want it.

In this picture
http://www.walkerphotography.ca/Hobbies/CQWW2010-at-VE3RZs/14370279_fv5HM#1064605269_T34Tb,
you can see the weight being dropped in place.

Once that is in place, I can pull the kevlar rope in place.

Works first time, every time.  Even better, I can send it to a GPS
coordinate.

Mike VA3MW

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Gary Warner <garyw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To all,
>
> Best purchase I ever made, and a lot of fun.    The trick is not to put so
> much pressure in the system that it not only goes over the tree you want to
> hang the antenna in, but over several others as well.    At full pressure,
> it will easily shoot over 150 feet straight up with the weighted tennis
> ball.    The only niggle that I had about the system is that (as I recall),
> it came with only a big loop at the end of the line.   The loop was easy to
> get over the tennis ball, but taking the ball off to reel back a lightweight
> line was too difficult for me, especially with big fingers and without my
> reading glasses on.    A heavy fishing swivel at the end of the loop made
> that problem go away, as now I just snap the loop on the ball into the
> swivel to shoot, and then quickly undo it to reel in the lightweight line.
> At first I used too light a swivel, and I kept pulling the swivel apart and
> had to re-shoot the line.   Now it works perfectly with the heavy swivel.
> About 40 psi just goes over my 100 foot high trees and then drops in close
> to the back of the tree if I shoot almost vertical.
>
> Gary
> WG1I
>

> On 7/17/2011 9:33 AM, Neal Campbell wrote:
>
>> It uses a chamber of compressed air to shoot a tennis ball with a lead
>> fishing weight up and over trees. Check it out!
>> http://www.antennalaunchers.**com/antlaunching.html<http://www.antennalaunchers.com/antlaunching.html>
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM, konrad schultz<konra...@hotmail.com>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>   My dad (KA1WWB) and I (W1KON) have used the tried&  true fishing
>>> rod/line/sinker method for years.  Cheap, easy and not a lot of
>>> jarring/shocking thrust, since the rod is built to do exactly what you're
>>> asking it to do.  If you know how to cast a fishing rod, you know it can
>>> go
>>> for a good couple of hundred feet - minimum.  I don't know of any tree