/Et tu/, /Brute?
What's next...a K3?

/On 9/2/2011 12:59 PM, Brian Lloyd wrote:
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM,<vtnn...@comcast.net>  wrote:

Take a long hard look at the Elecraft KPA500. Instant on, 500 watts out in all
modes and all bands from 160 – 6 meters and fast RF sensing band selection.
http://www.elecraft.com/KPA500/KPA500.htm
But PowerSDR will send band information to the KPA500 either directly
or through ddutil if you connect a serial cable or USB>serial adaptor.

The only connections you have to make are the coax and PTT. Not cheap ($2K for
the kit $2400 built) but then look at other amps that include 6M and you will
pay a lot more.

I recently bought the kit version but have not put it together yet. It is a
modular kit and there is no soldering involved.
Elecraft makes nice products. I hear that the KPA500 is in short
supply. Lots of people buying them.