Et tu/, /Brute?
What's next...a K3?

Well the K3 is a "nice radio". Too bad about having to add all of these filters
and the panadapter. How does one stand operating in CW contests with a 200hz
filter?

I love operating CW with 25hz filters. No gonna get that with a K3. Variable
filters that you shape? Uh uh with the K3.

If someone gave me one I sure would take it but buy one? Not going to happen in
my shack.

Just for fun I priced one kitted out like my 5000 (ATU, RX2, SIIG firewire card
). The 5000 would go for $4,315.99.

A built K3 would run $4096.64 with 5 filters, ATU, general coverage module, 2nd
RX and transverter interface.

The LP-Pan built is another $225.00. So the K3 and the LP-Pan are a total of
$4322.00. Not much difference in price.

However the 5000 is firmly planted in my shack.

Zack

N8FNR