I am running a 6 core AMD Phenom that is a 3.2 ghz CPU. Tim mentioned
that AMD's "cool and quiet" is not so good for PowerSDR. It's
installed and I do see my CPU cycle down to 1600 MHz at times but it's
usually and 2400Mhz or 3200MHz.  So far I haven't noticed any ill
effects from this.   It might be the "more CPUs is better effect" my
CPU load is never much more than 7% with PowerSDR,  WSPR 2.0 and
Xchat2 running.  I wonder what experience others on the Flex reflector
have had. As it's working as is I am leaving it that way until it
causes trouble.

I already have thermal issues in the shack at times. Running the CPU
full bore all the time might make me sweat more LOL.

Steven

-- 
____________
Steven L Hess ARS KC6KGE DM05gd22
Skype user flamebait Cell 661 487 0357 (Facetime)
Google Voice 661 769 6201
openSUSE  Linux 11.3 and 11.4

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to