I have set the minimum CPU to 100% in Windows 7 Power settings but I
still see some of the cores dropping down to 800 MHz in Core Temp.
There must be a driver involved. I had to power down the Flex-3000 and
it's computer due to thunder and lightening.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Tony Estep <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Steven Hess <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I am running a 6 core AMD Phenom that is a 3.2 ghz CPU....CPU load is never
>> much more than 7% with 
>> PowerSDR....<http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352>
>
> ========
> I have the same processor, Steve, and similar CPU load readings. I'm not
> running the down-shifting software but it seems that the system has lots of
> extra capacity. My cores run at < 25 C all the time now matter what I'm
> doing. It helps to have an 8" diameter fan on the top of the case. I have
> some math optimization problems that run all six cores at once, but they
> never get hot.
>
> Tony KT0NY
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/
>



-- 
____________
Steven L Hess ARS KC6KGE DM05gd22
Skype user flamebait Cell 661 487 0357 (Facetime)
Google Voice 661 769 6201
openSUSE  Linux 11.3 and 11.4

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to