Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] VAC and JT65-HF

Dave,

Thanks for the hints.

First of all, the dummy load does not make any difference compared to the antenna since the VSWR is essentially 1:1 with the antenna.

I did try PSK31 using DM780 and I was able to obtain about 50 watts output with the ALC reading -3 dB...I believe that I moved the slider up to -3 to obtain this reading.

My transmit filter is 0 to 3K, so I do not think that should be a problem.

Ed, K0KC