From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Tim Ellison, W4TME
Sent: 08 November 2011 00:22
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 1500 - No break in on CW

Based on your description of your issue, it might be a software issue,
but some further troubleshooting activities will be needed to confirm
this assumption.

Please submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk
(http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can assign you a case number.  One
of our support engineers will be in contact so we can resolve this issue
for you.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison, W4TME
Product Management, Sales & Support
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln Ste 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 223
Email: t...@flexradio.com <mailto:t...@flexradio.com>
Web: www.flexradio.com <http://www.flexradio.com>

logo
/Tune In Excitement^(TM)
PowerSDR^(TM) is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems/

On 11/7/2011 5:24 PM, G0DDX wrote:
> I have just returned from holiday, I took the FT817 to do some portable
work on CW.
> So I unplugged the key from the Flex, and went away. (I left the Flex
behind - Perhaps its sulking!))

> I got back this weekend, and eventually plugged in the key to the Flex
1500.
> I now do not have any break in on CW. Namely it does not go into to TX.
>
> I have checked that the Break In box is ticked, and have a 300ms delay.
> Iambic Key is unticked.
> Iambic speed is set to 1.
> i.e. its all as I left it before my holiday.
>
> I have checked it with two different keys, and have checked both keys are
closing the contacts.
> Both keys work in my IC706, so seems to indicate its something in the
Flex.

> The rest of the rig appears to work as before, ie SSB etc is all OK and
output etc unaffected.
> Does anyone have any idea what I might have missed?
> i.e. a checklist of things to check in the menus and anything else to try.
>
> Its still under guarantee, and do not want to send it back, only to find
out I have done something basic and rather silly, or missed something
simple.
> Is there a way of doing a hard reset on the rig, or is it just a case of
returning it to factory in the PowerSDR Setup menu.

http://www.flexradio.com/