From: br...@lloyd.com [mailto:br...@lloyd.com] On Behalf Of Brian Lloyd
Sent: 09 November 2011 18:16
To: Charlie Morrison
Cc: t...@flexradio.com; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 3000 distorted audio

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Charlie Morrison <char...@gi4fue.com>
wrote:

Hi Tim

No, I'm using a Quad core desktop with 4gb Ram, and Win7 64 Bit. The process
priority in PSDR is set to normal- this seems to only be a recent problem,
it started around 3 weeks ago and is getting steadily worse. At first the
occurrances were say every hour, now it's every 5 minutes or so

What did you change or install when the problem got worse? Did you do a
software update or install something new? Tim is right. This is almost
assuredly a DPC problem.

I don't know why people don't use the DPC checker built into the Flex
FireWire driver. It is right there to use. Turn it on and leave it on the
screen. At the moment that the radio goes into "grunge" mode look at the
peak DPC value. I bet you will see a clear peak in DPC at that moment. This
is a well-understood problem but one that has plagued users of the flex
radios from day one.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.