Steve,

  Nice looking pic!  I bought a 3000 and really liked it.  Had issues with
the newer Power SDR (Beta 2.0) that just kicked my butt, but that's old
news. Having said that I liked the SDR concept so much I've upgraded to the
5000 over a year ago.  I can't say ANYTHING negative about it.  My best
friend who is an engineer, also owns a 5000, told me some interesting facts
about the radio.  Sherwood Labs has the 5000 as one of the top tiered radios
for RX.  But when you read the notes about the radios, the flex beats out
the rest of the crowd!  It IS the best sounding radio on both RX and TX I
have ever owned!

  By the way I use a two monitor system here also.  I use two 23 inch 1080p
monitors here.  I had issues with the no "knob" configuration but quickly
overcame that!  I saved the QST that had the FT-5000 review.  The author had
a sidebar that said "it would be nice to be able to click on a signal and
QSY"  (not exact).  I thought, dude get a FLEX!

  One of the reasons I bought the 5000 is the ability to configure your
system.  3000 is nice, but it is what it is, nice entry into SDR for sure.

  I'm in the process of upgrading my antenna system and shack.  Pics to
follow in a few months.  Thanks Steve!

73, Kent, K6FQ