Just wanted to give an update on this problem and to thank the group once
more for all the great suggestions.

I ran through all the items suggested.  Changing to the legacy driver seemed
to help.  Also dumping VAC 4.10 for 4.09 helped.  Updated all the drivers on
the machine.  Did a lot of sleuthing watching DPC latency checker.  Bottom
line seems to be pretty simple - my old computer just isn't up to running
more than PSDR without sync issues.  No single program seems to be the
culprit, but Chrome and IE do not do well even without the Google Cloud
print issue.  The machine and its installed Win7 just have too many page
swaps going on, and there seems to be a correlation to large DPC latency.

So, my IT guys at work are ordering up a new 16 GB i7 based machine with a
SSD drive for me.  About time I upgraded - six years is way too long,
especially for a geek like me!  :)

Anyway, I have found the Flex 3000 and PSDR to be fantastic.  The receiver
is super sensitive, and the filters are nothing short of amazing.  So far,
QSOs have been limited to CW.  The flexibility and info given via the
display is very nice.  Still getting used to driving with the mouse, but
that is no great problem.  My late and lifelong buddy, N0SS/Tom, was a
dyed-in-the-wool Elecraft man, and I was extremely impressed with his K-3
and earlier Elecraft rigs; however, I would take the Flex solution over K-3
any day.  The receivers are probably very close in performance, but the
display and future growth flexibility vote for the SDR.

73, Tom
K1FR