  From: Justin M. Mayrand
  To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz reflector
  Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Game Changer

  I know what I want: more knobs and buttons. I already run my Flex 3K without
a keyboard and mouse (touch screen and FlexControl), however, there are times
when I really want to fiddle with a knob. I am hopeful. So, my Dream Flex? A
"normal" looking radio with a 9" touchscreen, a few knobs and buttons (all
programmable), 100W output, built-in antenna tuner, no need for a
keyboard/mouse/screen (but you could if you wanted to). A 5000c with buttons, I
guess in short.

  It would also help Flex if they could have a "mainstream" radio that the
average Joe would even look at - the Flex now appeal to computer geeks (me),
software geeks and engineering types. The operator that just want tot urn it on
and go would nt even consider  aFlex (too complex, they say - I asked many hams
why they do not even think about a Flex, but would drop thousands of $$ on a
Yaesu, Kenwood, Elecraft (I'd love to have a K3), etc...