Robert

You haven't mentioned anything about ground buses yet?  Do you have you in
place?

Why do you think that you have to rewrite your microphone?  What type of mic is
it?  Can you try another mic?  Also, disconnect anything from the radio that
you are currently not using?

Is the computer ground strapped to the radio?  Is the radio power supply
plugged into the same power bar as the computer?

Start simplifying things first and then add more bits.

Don't blame the radio as many others have great success.  We just need to sort
out your environment.

Mike va3mw