Thanks Brian

I don't normally use the NB on AM, in fact, I don't use the AM broadcast band that much either, but I had the NB turned on for the 80m band because of a new neighbour that has a plasma TV set. When I tuned into the AM BC band I noticed the distortion which disappeared when I turned the NB off. You are right about the strong signal response as I found it did the same thing on the SW bands with strong signals. The NBs are not really needed on these signals.

Terry