On 4/29/2013 4:06 PM, Bob Towers wrote:
I was recently offered a fully specced SDR-1000 for a price I couldn't refuse. It came with 100 watt amp, auto ATU, Presonus Firebox sound card and all the cables and driver CDs.

For the past few evenings I have been trying to get the parallel port connection to work. I did all the things recommended in the troubleshooting section of the manual - LPT port addresses consistent, checked all the connections on the 25-pin lead, tried two LPT ports on separate PCs, etc - but no success at all, there was no connection between the PC and the SDR-1000. PowerSDR 2.2.6 just would not work: no relays latching, nothing.

I vaguely remembered seeing a comment about loading up PowerSDR 1.x and trying that. I downloaded and ran 1.8.0, hit the start button and away it went. I connected up a cheap USB sound card in RX mode and had a listen about the bands. It sounded pretty good, even with that cheap sound card. I then ran 2.2.6 again, hit the start button and away it went.

OK, it's only receive so far, but I'll get the Firebox connected and running and then I'll have a go at the TX.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that there's a file or two needed for the SDR-1000 in 1.8.0 which isn't in the 2.2.6 setup install.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!

73 and thanks in advance

Bob Towers
MM0RKT

You are correct, and actually 1.18.6 also works if installed first. later versions are missing some secret chunk of code. you should be good with anything upto and including 2.5.3 now.
Jay- NO5J