Firstly, many thanks for those of you who responded to my pleas for help.

The general advice was to install PowerSDR 1.x, make sure the SDR-1000 runs with that, then install a version of 2.x. I installed 1.8 and already had 2.3.5 on my PC (for my Flex1500). As soon as I ran 2.3.5, the parallel port and cable worked fine, relays latched and so on.

The best explanation is that 1.x versions have one or more drivers in them than do 2.x versions, though nobody could suggest what!

The main thing is that it now works and I can concentrate on getting it all calibrated and aligned.

73

Bob Towers
MM0RKT